Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Chalkboard homework table tutorial

This is a great idea for a back to school project!


Let me start out by saying that I bought this little side table at Ikea a few years back for $7.  It was cheap and I really had no specific perpose for it at the time but over the years it has become where my little ones eat, craft and play games.  It's safe to say it has taken a beating and up close it looks pretty bad.  But hey! It was $7!!!! 


I cleaned the table up then sanded down any rough edges.  In hindsight I should have probably sanded the entire top because it was a shiny white laquar.  Once it was clean. I removed the links from the top.
  I took the top outside and using chalkboard spray paint I did 2 thick coats.  Once it was dry I put the legs back on and it was done!
Now it's ready to be scribbled all over!! My son can use it when he does his homework and we can save on scratch paper because he can do his math problems right on the table!! It's also going to come in handy on game nights as we can use it to keep score!!

There you have it...within hours a perfectly new looking homework station/game table completely redone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment